The link for the form is: http://goo.gl/forms/qDJS7aQQZOMFLXJX2 You MUST be logged in to your bigspringsd.org email account to use this form. This link will also be on the Marching Band page on the website, the Members Only page, and will be shared out via the Facebook page too.
As per the Marching Band Handbook, here is a brief summary of attendance policies:
It is imperative that our precious rehearsal time is maximized. Your commitment to
the success of the ensemble will be directly reflected by your attendance and
preparation for each and every scheduled band activity. These activities are
defined as any scheduled activity on the current marching band calendar. This
includes rehearsals and performances. Every effort will be made to give at
least one week written notification to the band director. The following policy
will go into effect upon the first day of band camp and will remain in effect
for the entire year:
1. Attendance is mandatory for all scheduled rehearsals and performances.
2.The following rules will govern authorized absences:
a. Personal illness or Family Emergency
b. Conflicts with other school activities.
c. Religious observance
d. Family Vacation (PRIOR TO BAND CAMP ONLY)
3. An absence for any other reason will be considered unauthorized.
CONSEQUENCES FOR ABSENCES
1. First absence: Student and Director conference.
2. Second absence: Student is place on probationary status by Directors.
3. Third absence: Student will lose his/her position in the performing group
and will not perform in two consecutive performances. Thereafter, the student
may return to his/her position. This procedure is followed so that the
performance ability of the group is not further jeopardized.
4. Any further absences could jeopardize a members’ participation in the
ensemble for the remainder of the season.